Chicken Tortilla Soup - Instant Pot Recipe
This recipe is for a tasty and quick to make chicken tortilla soup for instant pot addicts. The recipe is super simple and only requires around 10 minutes of cooking time!
- 20 Ounces Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 10 Ounces Rotel Fire Roasted Tomatoes & Chilies
- 14 Ounces Black Beans
- 14 Ounces DelMonte "Fiesta" Corn - Drained
- 4 Ounces Dried Green Chiles
- 1.5 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Medium Onion - Diced
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Varies Fresh Gourmet Tortilla Strips Tri-Color
- 2 TBSP Fresh Cilantro - Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese - Shredded
- 3.5 Ounces Avacado - Roughly 1 Avacado
- First you need to combine the cans of rotel, black beans, chicken, fiesta corn, chiles, broth, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper into your Instant Pot and mix it up.
- After everything is well mixed, you need to secure the lid and set the pressure release valve to the Sealing Position. Press Manual to pressure cook at high pressure for 9 minutes.
- After the cooking is completed, select natural release. Use natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot, use a fork to shred the chicken into smaller bite size pieces. Add this back to the soup and stir well.
- At this point press the Saute button and add the cilantro to the soup. Let it cook for roughly 2 minutes while stirring.
- Serve the soup and top it off with the cheese, tortilla strips, avocado, and a little bit of lime juice.