If you are looking for a hearty meal, try the braised red wine brisket recipe in your Instant Pot. This meat cooks up so tender and juicy in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Braised Brisket Recipe
Here is a super quick and juicy brisket recipe you can make using your Instant Pot.
- 4 pounds Brisket
- 1.5 cups Chicken Broth You can use beef broth instead if you want.
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil Use the oil to sear the brisket.
- 1 large, whole Onion Chop up the onion.
- 3 large, whole carrots Chop the carrots into pieces.
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Chicken Base Make it a big tablespoon.
- 6 cloves garlic Chop the garlic into pieces.
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- Take a paper towel and dry off the brisket before you do anything else.
- Once the meat is dried a bit, rub the salt and pepper onto the meat.
- Turn on your Instant Pot and use the Saute feature. Add the vegetable oil, and once it says hot, add in the meat.
- Sear the brisket in the Instant Pot for around 7 or 8 minutes per side.
- Once the meat has been seared, remove it and then add in your other ingredients.
- You want to add the tomato paste, onions, and carrots into the Instant Pot. Saute this together for about 5 minutes.
- You want to then put in the garlic, chicken broth or beef broth, red wine, and the rosemary. Make sure to stir it around and get the bits from the bottom.
- Place your brisket back into the Instant Pot and then arrange a few of those vegetables on the top of the meat.
- Press the "Cancel" button on your Instant Pot and reset the Instant Pot to the Meat/Stew feature. You want to set the timer on this for 50 minutes.
- Once the timer has finished, you want the Instant Pot to naturally release the pressure. This means letting it set for a good 20 minutes. If you try to quick release the brisket it will turn out dry and pretty gross.
- After the pressure has been naturally released, remove the brisket from the Instant Pot.
- Move the mode on the Instant Pot to "Sauce" and allow all of the goodness inside of the Instant Pot to reduce. It should take about 15 minutes or so for that to happen.
- If you would like to puree the sauce you can, or else you can just spoon it out on the top of the brisket. Now, you can slice and serve this juicy and tender brisket.