Creamy mashed potatoes in the Instant Pot doesn’t get any easier than this recipe. Make mashed potatoes in half the time using the Instant Pot.
Creamy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Here is a very easy-to-follow recipe for mashed potatoes in the Instant Pot. These are creamy and scrumptious as a side for any meal.
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes quarter the potatoes.
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Whipped Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk any kind, such as low-fat, will work.
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 sprinkle Black Pepper you can add more or less black pepper as desired.
- 1 leaf Parsley or Chives optional garnish.
- You first will need to peel your potatoes, and then add them into the Instant Pot.
- You want to use only enough water to cover the potatoes. Season lightly with some salt.
- Cover the Instant Pot and then cook for 10 minutes on high. You can use the quick release function to check the potatoes.
- The potatoes are done when you are able to insert a knife into them easily.
- Drain most of the water, but leave about 1/2 cup out on your counter in case you are serving your potatoes later on.
- Put in your sour cream, buttermilk, black pepper, salt, and butter.
- Mash these potatoes up with a potato masher. Adjust your salt and pepper accordingly, sometimes you might need a little more.
- You can add parsley or chopped chives as an optional garnish.