Making Indian chicken curry in the Instant Pot is very simple. Just follow our easy guide to make the best chicken curry out there.
Instant Pot Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1.5 pounds skinless chicken thighs quarter them.
- 3/4 cup onion masala
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 dash Cilantro chopped and optional.
- You want to put your Instant Pot on the Saute setting. Add the oil and cook it for about one minute.
- Add in your cumin and once browned, add in the chicken.
- Add your spices and stir well. Then, add in the water and onion masala.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot and seal the valve. Cook this on High Pressure for about 5 minutes.
- Allow for the pressure to naturally release, which should take around 20 minutes.
- You can then add with cilantro at the end if you want.