Rice pudding is very easy to make using your Instant Pot. Simply follow our guide to make some amazing rice pudding today.
Instant Pot Rice Pudding Recipe
- 2 cups Milk either whole milk or 2%
- 1 cup Uncooked rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 large Egg
- 1.5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1 dash Nutmeg this is optional.
- 1 dash Ground Cinnamon this is optional.
- Turn the dial so your Instant Pot is on the Saute setting and add your butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the rice and begin to stir. You want the rice coated in the butter.
- Add your milk, almond extract, water, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir all of this together until combined.
- Close the valve on your Instant Pot and put your lid on.
- Set your Instant Pot over to "Manual" on high pressure. Set the timer to 14 minutes.
- After the time is up, slow release the pressure and lift the lid off the Instant Pot.
- Whisk the evaporated milk and egg together in a separate bowl.
- Add a couple spoons of the rice mixture into this separate bowl and continue to stir. Keep doing this until the rice pudding mix is all in the egg mix bowl.
- Add your bowl into the Instant Pot and set to the Saute button.
- Stir once the rice pudding begins bubbling, which should take a minute or two. It will thicken up at that point. Turn off the Instant Pot and serve warm if you wish.