Pinto beans are a very healthy food choice and one you can make quickly using your Instant Pot. Only a couple of ingredients are required for this protein-filled side dish.
Pinto Beans Recipe for Instant Pot
- 1 pound Dry Pinto Beans
- 5.5 cups water
- 1 2/3 tablespoons Better Than Bullion Vegetable Base
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- The first step you need to take is to rinse off your pinto beans. Use a strainer to drain off the excess water and debris.
- Place your Better Than Bullion vegetable base and the water into the Instant Pot.
- Add the pinto beans into the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot and secure the valve. Turn the dial to manual and use high pressure. Cook the beans on high pressure for about 45 minutes.
- After the 45 minutes have passed, allow for the Instant Pot to naturally release the pressure. This could take as long as 30 minutes, although normally it takes about 20.
- You now have cooked pinto beans that you can eat how they are or you can turn them into a side for a bigger meal.