If you want to make beef stew, here is a very easy beef stew recipe for the Instant Pot. Hardly any clean-up or prep time is required.
Simple Beef Stew Instant Pot Recipe
- 1.5 pounds beef get the beef roast or other stew meat.
- 1 pound carrots use baby carrots and cut into small pieces
- 1 pound potatoes cube the potatoes
- 1 large whole Onion chop the onion
- 10 ounces tomato sauce
- 2.5 cups beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic mince the garlic
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- The first step is to turn on the Instant Pot to Saute. Place the olive oil on the inside of the Instant Pot.
- Once your oil begins to sizzle, you put in your beef. Season with Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt.
- You want your meat cooked so that all sides are brown.
- Add in the beef broth and then get the brown bits up from the bottom with a spoon.
- Add your onion, potatoes, carrots, garlic, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Close both the steam valve and put on the lid to the Instant Pot.
- Cook this together on high pressure. You want to leave this on for about 35 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to then release naturally, which is about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the water and cornstarch together. Add this into the Instant Pot so that you have a thick stew.