A simple way to make a whole chicken quickly with the Instant Pot. With this recipe, there is little preparation or clean up at the end.
Instant Pot Whole Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken try to go with between 5-7 pound whole chicken.
- 1 cup water
- 1 whole Onion slice into quarters
- 2 whole carrots cut into 2" chunks
- 2 ribs celery cut into 2" chunks
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon seasonings any desired dry seasonings such as oregano or basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- You first should put all of the vegetables on the bottom of the Instant Pot. Then, place the wire rack on top of the vegetables that came with your Instant Pot.
- Take your whole chicken and place it on top of the wire rack.
- Put the water on the bottom part of the Instant Pot.
- Season your chicken as desired.
- Seal the pressur valve and then turn the dial to either "Pressure Cook" or "Manual."
- You need to turn it on "High" and then figure out the length of time based on the size of the whole chicken. You should cook the chicken for 6 minutes per pound. So a 5 pound whole chicken will need to cook for 30 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, allow for a natural release method of pressure. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Once the pressure valve is all of the way down, you can get out your chicken and vegetables.