Apple dumplings are a yummy and super quick dessert you can make in the Instant Pot. Little preparation and ingredients are needed for this sweet treat.
Apple Dumpling Instant Pot Recipe
- 1 whole Granny Smith Apple you need to peel and core the apple. Cut into 8 pieces.
- 1 can Crescent Rolls
- 3/4 cup Apple Cider
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- You need to turn your Instant Pot on to the Saute setting.
- Take the Crescent rolls and open the can, spreading the dough flat.
- For each apple slice that you have cut, you want to roll one inside of each Crescent roll. That is why you should cut your apples into 8 pieces.
- Put the butter inside of the Instant Pot. Click Cancel on the Instant Pot.
- Add your cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and sugar to the Instant Pot. Stir this all up until it has melted.
- Put the apple dumplings inside of the Instant Pot, leaving a little room in between each.
- Sprinle the apple cider around the edges, and then put the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot on "Manual" and set the timer for 10 minutes. Make sure the Instant Pot is at high pressure.
- Allow for a natural release of the pressure once the 10 minutes are up.
- You can now get the apple dumplings out, serve them with the cider and sugar syrup. You also can add vanilla ice cream to make it more decadent.