We are going to tell you about a super quick bone broth recipe. This broth is a great way to get nutrition you need without making an entire meal.
Quick Bone Broth Recipe for Instant Pot
- 3 pounds chicken bones You just need to grab all of the bones from a 3 pound chicken.
- 2 medium carrots you need to cut the carrots in half.
- 1 medium parsnip cut into large pieces
- 3 ribs celery
- 1 large yellow onion you need to quarter the onion up with the root and skin still on.
- 6 cloves garlic lightly mash the garlic cloves.
- 1 leaf Bay Leaf
- 10 single peppercorns you can use a few more or less, depending on what flavor you want.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 handful various fresh herbs this could include parsley, thyme, and sage.
- 1 cup water 1 cup is an estimate, it has to just cover the bones.
- The first step is to put all of your vegetables, bones, herbs, and peppercorns into the Instant Pot.
- You need to place enough water into the Instant Pot to cover up the vegetables and bones.
- Lock the lid of the Instant Pot into place.
- Make sure the valve is sealed.
- Turn the Instant Pot on and click the "Manual" setting. Place the timer up to 120 minutes.
- After the bone broth has cooked, wait about 20-30 minutes before you open the lid. You want to naturally release the pressure from inside.
- Before you remove the lid, ensure the pressure has stopped by releasing the vent valve.
- The broth will need to cool for a while before you store it.