Chicken and rice is a very hearty and healthy dinner, and it is super easy in the Instant Pot. Follow this recipe to make great chicken and rice right from your Instant Pot.
Chicken and Rice Instant Pot Recipe
Here is a very delicious recipe for chicken and rice using your Instant Pot.
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic Minced.
- 3 whole Green Onions
- 3 whole carrots Diced.
- 1.5 cups Brown Rice Rinse and Drain the brown rice.
- 1.5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth This one is for the vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons Dried Thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- The first step is to put your Instant Pot on the saute setting. You need to preheat the Instant Pot for about 1 minute.
- Add your tablespoon of oilive oil and then add in your vegetables. This means add the carrots, mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. Cook this for about 4 minutes.
- Add in your 1/2 cup Chicken Broth to the Instant Pot.
- Rinse off your brown rice first, and then add that to the Instant Pot. Add in 1.5 cups of water at this point.
- Stir the brown rice in the Instant Pot and then add in your salt, pepper, and thyme. Stir all of this together.
- Now, add in your chicken breasts and place the lid back on the Instant Pot. Lock the lid and make sure the valve is sealed.
- Turn the Instant Pot onto "Manual" and set at high pressure. Set your timer for 20 minutes.
- Once the timer has finished, release the pressure by switching the valve. You can then take the lid off of the Instant Pot.
- If you would like to cut your chicken into pieces, you can use a knife or some kitchen shears.
- You can now serve the chicken and rice, either from the pot or putting it all onto a separate plate.