Apple butter is such an amazing product that can go on almost anything. Here is a simple recipe to make apple butter using the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Apple Butter Recipe
- 20 whole Apples Peeled, cored, and sliced into pieces.
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- First, peel, core, and slice the apples into pieces. Make sure you get rid of the bad spots if there are any as well.
- Put the apples into your Instant Pot, and add in water and molasses. Also add in the sugar, spices, lemon juice, brown sugar, and the vanilla.
- Mix this all together and then put your lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Press "Manual" high pressure and set the timer for 15 minutes. Once this is done, allow for a natural release of the pressure.
- You can either mash or puree the mixture, as it depends on the texture you want from the apple butter.
- That is all you need to do to make homemade apple butter using the Instant Pot. You can also store the left overs in mason jars.