Making delicious creamy beef and shells in the Instant Pot is super quick. This is a meal kids will love, with little prep or ingredients required.
Instant Pot Beef & Shells Recipe
Cheesy beef and shells are easy to make using the Instant Pot by following this recipe.
- 24 ounces Marinara Sauce
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beed
- 1 pound Shell Pasta
- 1 small yellow onion chopped up.
- 3 cups water
- 1.5 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded.
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- The first step is to turn the Instant Pot onto "Saute" and allow it to heat up.
- Once hot, add in the onions and olive oil. Cook this until the onions soften up.
- Add the ground beef and stir so that it does not stick to the pot. Make sure the beef is cooked until it is brown.
- Add in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Hit "Cancel" on the Instant Pot. Add in the shells and marinara sauce. Put in the water but do not stir this together. Press it with a spoon so all of the water and sauce is covered in the pasta.
- Seal the vent on the Instant Pot and close the lid.
- Hit "Pressure Cook" for 5 minutes. After that is done, quick release the pressure. Remove the lid, and hit "Cancel" on the Instant Pot.
- Stir the heavy cream in there and add the parmesan cheese.