Making yogurt in your Instant Pot is not very difficult if you follow our simple recipe.The ingredients are up to you, so you can add in any toppings you want.
Instant Pot Yogurt Recipe
- 1 gallon whole milk you can use 2% instead.
- 1/2 cup sweetener any kind such as honey or sugar.
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla optional.
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk this is also optional.
- 1 cup granola optional addition at the end.
- 1 cup fruit any kind like strawberries, which is optional.
- The first step is to add in the milk to the Instant Pot. If you are using the powdered milk, add that in and whisk.
- Turn the Instant Pot on the yogurt feature, and place the lid on top. Seal the valve. Adjust the buttons until your display shows "Boil."
- Once boil has finished, check temperature. Make sure the milk is 185 degrees, if not, go to Saute function until the reading is 185 degrees for the millk. Stir this often.
- Remove the pot from your Instant Pot, stir milk until it cools to 110 degrees. Remove the skin that might be on the top as cooling begins. Do not stir the skin on the top into the mixture.
- Remove your yogurt starter from your refridgerator. Once the milk is 110 degrees, take two scoops and place it into a bowl.
- Add the yogurt starter and then whisk this together. You want it to be smooth. Pour this back into the Pot and put the pot back into the Instant Pot base.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and click teh yogurt function. Incubate this for 8 hours.
- After the 8 hours, put the pot inside of the refridgerator to cool for about 4 to 6 hours. You can also cool overnight as well.
- Strain the yogurt until you have the thickness you want.
- Place the strained yogurt into a bowl and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Add in the sweetener and vanilla if you want that.
- Divide into jars or small bowls and add additional toppings such as granola if you wish. You now have made yogurt which keeps for 2 weeks in the fridge.