Making beef stew is super easy and quick using the Instant Pot. Only a few ingredients are required for this hearty meal.
Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- 1.5 pounds Beef Stew Meat
- 1 pound Potatoes Cubed.
- 16 ounces Baby Carrots Cut into pieces.
- 10 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced.
- 1 large Onion Chopped up.
- 2.5 cups Beef Broth
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- First, you want to put the olive oil in the Instant Pot. Turn the Instant Pot onto the "Saute" function.
- Once the oil becomes hot, add in the beef stew meat, pepper, Italian seasoning, and the salt.
- Cook up your meat until it has browned on all sides. Add in the beef broth next, and then add in the Worcestershire sauce.
- You can now add in the onion, garlic, carrots, tomato sauce, and the potatoes.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and seal the valve.
- Cook for 35 minutes on "Manual" high pressure.
- Once the timer is up, allow for a 10 minute natural release of pressure. You can then quick release the remaining pressure.
- In a bowl, mix the corn starch and water together, and then add that into the Instant Pot to thicken up the sauce.