Beef stroganoff is a very hearty meal you can make quickly using the Instant Pot. Little cook time or clean-up required.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 pounds Beef Stew meat cut into small pieces.
- 1 package Wide Egg Noodles
- 3 cloves garlic minced.
- 1/2 whole Onion dice into pieces.
- 3 cups Mushrooms chopped up.
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoons Salt divide into smaller portions.
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- The first step is to turn on your Instant Pot to the "Saute" function. Put in the oil and allow to heat up for about 1 minute.
- Add in your onion and salt. Stir this around for about 4 minutes, until the onion softens a bit.
- Grab a teaspoon of salt and pepper and season the beef. Add the beef to the Instant Pot. Brown the beef on all sides, which should take around 2 minutes.
- Add in your thyme and garlic, and then cook for about 30 seconds. Put the soy sauce in next, and then add in your mushrooms.
- Stir this all together and then add in your flour until it is all evenly mixed. Put the chicken broth and 1/2 teaspoon salt into this.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve. Cook on "Manual" high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Use the quick release option on the pressure once the timer is done.
- Add in your egg noodles. Close the lid and seal the valve. Cook on "Manual" high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Allow for a natural release of pressure for 5 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and then stir in the sour cream and serve.