Rajma is very easy to make using the Instant Pot. It takes little time and preparation to make this amazing Indian dish.
Instant Pot Rajma Recipe
Here is a very easy recipe for Rajma that you can make using the Instant Pot.
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups Rajma these are kidney beans.
- 2 cups Onion chopped up small.
- 1 can Tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced small.
- 3 whole Green Chilies
- 1/2 inch Ginger grated fine.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon Coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons Red Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric
- 1 dash Cilantro garnish.
- 1 dash Salt to taste.
- First off, you need to wash and soak the kidney beans for about 12 hours. You can soak them overnight if you wish.
- After the beans have soaked for 12 hours, grab the Instant Pot and put the inner pot inside.
- Turn the Instant Pot on "Saute" mode and then add the oil once the pot itself is hot. Allow for the oil to get hot.
- Once hot, add in the cumin seeds and get it crackling, and then add in your green chilies and onions. Saute this until the onions become translucent.
- Add in your dry masala poweders next, which includes the turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, and the Coriander. You can put in the salt now too.
- Put the tomatoes in there and mix it all together. Allow this to cook for about 6 minutes.
- Add in the kidney beans and add 5 cups water. Mix it all together and then put the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and back on, and then move it to the "Beans/Chili" option. The timer will automatically set itself to 30 minutes.
- Allow for a natural release of pressure once the time is done.
- Garnish with Cilantro at the end.