Making Mexican black beans and rice is super quick in the Instant Pot. Only a couple of steps and a handful of ingrdients are needed for this hearty meal.
Instant Pot Black Beans & Rice Recipe
- 1 can Black Beans Rinse and drain.
- 3/4 cup Brown Rice
- 1.5 cups Water
- 3/4 cup Picante Sauce
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Sour Cream Optional topping, can add more.
- 1 teaspoon Avocado Optional topping, can add more.
- 1 teaspoon Grated Cheese Optional topping, can add more.
- Put the bay leaf, cumin, garlic salt, water, salsa, beans, and rice in the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, and seal the valve.
- Turn on "Manual" high pressure for 22 minutes.
- Once the timer is up, you can allow for a natural release of pressure for 10 minutes. You can quick release remaining pressure after that.
- Stir it all around and get rid of the bay leaf.
- You can now add in the lime juice and then scoop and serve. If you wanted additional toppings, you can add those on now as well.