Here is a very easy recipe for Instant Pot chicken and rice. You only need a few ingredients for this amazing meal.
Instant Pot Chicken & Rice Recipe
- 2 pounds Chicken Boneless, Skinless, and cut into pieces.
- 1 large Onion Finely chopped.
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced.
- 3 large Carrots Shredded.
- 3 whole Bay Leaves
- 3 3/4 cups Water
- 3 cups Long Grain Brown Rice Rinse and drain.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 teaspoons Thyme
- 1.5 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 dash Ground Black Pepper
- Place the Instant Pot on Saute mode and then wait for it to say "Hot." Once hot, add in your onion, garlic, and olive oil.
- Saute this for about 4 minutes, stir around occasionally. Then, hit "Cancel" on the Instant Pot.
- Add in the cumin, oregano, and thyme. And then cook about 30 seconds. Stir regularly.
- Next, you can add in the carrots, water, salt, pepper, bay leaves, rice, and chicken.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve. Pree the "Pressure Cookking" option and choose "High" for 22 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow for a gradual release of pressure, which should take about 25 minutes.
- Once the pressure is cleared out, open the lid and serve.