Lamb shanks with tomato sauce are amazing in the Instant Pot. Follow this simple recipe for tender lamb shanks right now.
Instant Pot Braised Lamb Shank
- 4 whole Lamb Shanks Try to get 1 pound lamb shanks per piece.
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup Dry Red Wine
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley Optional for garnish and chopped.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 3/4 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- First off, put the Instant Pot onto "Saute" mode and then move it to "More."
- Add in your oil and then pat dry the lamb shanks.
- Season the shanks with the pepper and salt. After the Instant Pot gets hot enough, add in the lamb shanks.
- Cook the shanks about 4 minutes per side until they are brown.
- Remove the lamb shanks and then put them onto a plate.
- Add the garlic into the Instant Pot, and then stir for about 15 seconds. Add in the wine next, and then cook this for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the basil, tomatoes, and oregano. Cook this together for about 2 minutes.
- Put the lamb shanks back into the Instant Pot, and then put the lid on the pot and seal the valve.
- Cook on "Manual" high pressure for about 45 minutes. Once done, allow for a natural release of pressure for about 15 minutes.
- You then can release the remaining pressure quickly, and then get out your lamb shanks. Add a little of the sauce on top and serve.
- You can add the parsley at the end for an optional garnish.