Hawaiian Haystacks is a super quick meal to make in the Instant Pot. Even better, it is kid-friendly and you can change up toppings as you see fit.
Instant Pot Hawaiian Haystacks Recipe
Hawaiian Haystacks are a kid-friendly dish you can make right now in the Instant Pot following this quick recipe.
- 1.5 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Trimmed and cut into pieces.
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cups Various Toppings Toppings can include tomatoes, peppers, mandarin oranges, chow mein noodles, celery, olives, shredded coconut, green onions, chunks of pineapple, grated cheese and more.
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Ground Black Pepper
- The first step is to grab your Instant Pot and add the cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup water, better than bouillon. Stir this all together in the Instant Pot.
- Put the chicken pieces into the Instant Pot.
- Grab a small bowl that will fit inside of your Instant Pot and put the rice into the bowl. Put the trivet in the Instant Pot above the chicken.
- In the bowl with the rice, you want to add the 1.5 cups of water. Then, set this small bowl on the top of the trivet inside of teh Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Set the Instant Pot to "Manual" high pressure for 8 minutes.
- While you are waiting on the timer, gather your toppings that you want to add. This could be anything you want, as included in the instructions. Chop up the toppings if needed into small pieces.
- Once the timer is done, you can quick release the pressure. Remove the lid when you can and then get out the rice bowl.
- You now want to add the sour cream into the Instant Pot with the chicken. Stir the sour cream in well, and then add some pepper and salt.
- You will then be able to make a plate putting the rice on first, and then adding the chicken from the Instant Pot. You then can add the toppings as desired.