Did you know that you can make delicious cajun chicken and rice in the Instant Pot? Simple ingredients and just a few steps are needed for this amazing meal.
Instant Pot Cajun Rice & Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound Chicken Breast Cut up into pieces.
- 3 cloves Garlic Chopped up.
- 3 whole Scallions Cut into pieces.
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper Cut into pieces.
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper Cut into pieces.
- 1 small Onion Diced.
- 1.5 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1.5 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning to rub on the chicken.
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- The first step is to press the "Saute" feature on the Instant Pot. Add in the red pepper and green pepper, as well as the garlic, scallions, and the chopped onion. Saute all of this for 5 minutes.
- Add in the onion powder, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning, and the tomato paste. Mix it together with the vegetables.
- Add in your chicken broth and salt. Mix this all together.
- Add in your Jasmine rice, and submerge the rice into the liquid.
- Next, add the sliced up chicken and put it on top of the whole mixture. Season this with pepper, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, and the salt.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and then seal the valve. Press "Manual" high pressure and cook for 8 minutes.
- Once the timer is up, you can quick release the pressure. Shred the chicken into smaller pieces with a fork and serve.