Chicken cacciatore is very easy to make in the Instant Pot. Clean-up and preparation is quick and easy for this amazing meal.
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 4 whole Chicken Thighs Remove the skin and bones.
- 1/2 can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 1/2 cup Onion Diced.
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper Diced.
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper Diced.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Chopped for topping.
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper
- First, put some salt and pepper on the chicken for seasoning.
- Put the Instant Pot on "Saute" and then add the olive oil to the pot.
- Put the chicken in and brown it on both sides, which should take around 3 minutes.
- Add in a little more olive oil adn then add in the bell peppers and onions. Saute this together until the onions are soft, which should be around 5 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes in over top of the chicken, add in the rest of the ingredients and stir. Put the lid on and seal the valve.
- Cook "Manual" high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Once done, allow for a natural release of pressure.
- Remove the bay leaf and then you can garnish with some parsley.