Chicken noodle soup is a classic soup that you can make quickly in your Instant Pot. Follow this recipe for a low-maintenance chicken noodle soup that is hearty for the soul.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken leave the skin and bones on.
- 1 large onion chop up the onion.
- 2 medium carrots chop up the carrots.
- 2 stalks celery chop the celery.
- 4 cups chicken broth use no salt added broth.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups egg noodles uncooked noodles.
- 2 tablespoons butter use unsalted.
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped.
- 1 tablespoon oregano fresh and chopped.
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- The first step is to turn the Instant Pot on and move to the Saute setting.
- Add in your butter and continue to cook until all of the way melted. Add in your celery, onions, and carrots. Saute this for about three minutes. You want the onion to be translucent.
- Season this mixture with some black pepper and salt. Then, add in your parsley, oregano, and thyme. Stir all of this together.
- Add in the chicken pieces, chicken broth, and add four cups of water.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot and seal the valve. Set the button to "Soup" and set the timer for seven minutes.
- Allow for a natural pressure release once the time is up. This should take around 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from this and then begin to shred up the chicken.
- Add in your noodles, move the Instant Pot back to Saute and cook for six minutes.
- Leave the lid off while the noodles are cooking. Once that is done, turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add your chicken shreds to the Instant Pot and then adjust your seasonings as needed.