If you are looking for an easy flan recipe for the Instant Pot, look no further. Follow this recipe for simple flan in the Instant Pot, with little clean up required.
Instant Pot Flan Recipe
- 3 extra large Eggs
- 1 cup 2% Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 dash Sea Salt
- First, grab a saucepan and heat up the 1/2 cup sugar and water. Use medium heat but do not stir. You want to just swirl and let it get golden brown.
- Grab six ramekins and then divide this up into those. Set them to the side so they can cool down.
- Using a different pot, heat up the heavy cream and millk. Add in 1/4 cup sugar, the sea salt, and the vanilla extract. Stir this around until the sugar has dissolved.
- Take a bowl and beat the 3 eggs, add the milk mixture that is warm to it. Only stir in a little bit at a time though. Continue until all of the warm milk has been put into the egg mixture.
- Pour this through a mesh strainer, and then put that into the ramekins.
- Get the bubbles off of the surface, and then cover the ramekins with foil.
- Grab the Instant Pot and put 1/2 cup of water into the bottom.
- Use the steam rack, and then place the ramekins on the rack. Close the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Put the Instant Pot on "Manual" high pressure for 9 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow for a natural release of pressure. This should take around 15 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins, set out for a while until cool. Once cooled, put in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- They are now ready to serve, either in the ramekins or on a plate.