The Instant Pot can make Italian sausage quickly, and serving it with peppers makes for a yummy recipe. Little cook time or clean-up is needed for this amazing recipe.
Italian Sausage with Peppers Instant Pot Recipe
- 1 package Italian Sausage should be around 2 pounds.
- 28 ounces Crushed Italian Tomatoes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 large Red Bell Peppers Sliced up and cored.
- 1 large Sweet Onion Chopped up.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 teaspoon garlic Minced.
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Black or Cracked Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- First, put your Instant Pot on the "Saute" setting. Add in the olive oil and minced garlic.
- Once the garlic browns a little, you can add the Italian sausage.
- Brown them up and this should take about 7 minutes total. Make sure to roll from one side to another so both sides brown.
- Add in your peppers and onions once the sausage is finished.
- Add in all other ingredients including the tomato sauce and crushed up tomatoes. Do not stir this, just add it all on top of the sausage.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Put the Instant Pot on "Manual" and cook on high pressure for 26 minutes.
- Once the timer is up, quick release the pressure, stir it all together, and serve.