French Onion soup is very easy to make in the Instant Pot. Follow this recipe for amazing French Onion soup right now.
Instant Pot French Onion Soup Recipe
- 64 ounces Beef Broth
- 2 pounds Yellow Onions Peeled and sliced.
- 6 whole Baguette Slices For serving the soup.
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced.
- 2 cups Grated Gruyere For serving, and you can also use swiss, mozzarella or parmesan.
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Put your onions and the brown sugar into the Instant Pot. Put on "Saute" for about 20 minutes. Check often so that the onions do not burn.
- Add in your garlic and the flour, and then stir for about 1 minute.
- Add in your balsamic vinegar and beef broth. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Put this on "Manual" high pressure for 5 minutes. Once done, allow for a natural release of pressure.
- You now can grab some bowls and put the French Onion soup in the bowls. Preheat the oven to broil, and then add the toast and cheese on top of the bowls. Put the bowls in the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Take out of the broiler, and then serve.