Did you know you can make homemade General Tso’s chicken using your Instant Pot? It will take minimal prep and cook time to make an even better version of this Chinese takeout classic.
Instant Pot General Tso's Chicken Recipe
- 1.5 pounds chicken cubed into pieces.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 whole Green Onion chopped.
- 2 cups White Rice cooked.
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 dash Sesame Seeds
- The first step is to put the Instant Pot on the Saute setting and then add in the sesame oil.
- Add in the cubes of chicken and then cook for about 2 minutes. You do not need to cook the chicken all of the way through.
- Grab a bowl and mix the garlic, red pepper flakes, hoisin sauce, Rice Vinegar, ginger, and the brown sugar.
- Pour this entire mixture into the Instant Pot over the top of the chicken.
- Put the Instant Pot onto "Manual" mode and then high pressure. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Close the lid and seal the valve.
- Once the timer is up, quick release the pressure.
- Move the function back to Saute and then add in the cornstarch. Mix this for about 2 minutes, until it begins to thicken up.
- You now have General Tso's chicken you can serve. You can make rice and then add green onions or sesame seeds on top.