Making a whole chicken in the Instant Pot takes little time or ingredients. Follow this recipe for simple whole chicken that goes with any meal.
Instant Pot Whole Chicken Recipe
A whole chicken is simple to make using the Instant Pot if you follow this recipe.
- 1 whole chicken should be around 5 or 6 pounds.
- 1 whole Onion cut into pieces.
- 2 ribs celery chopped into pieces.
- 2 whole carrots cut into small pieces.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Seasonings any you want to add, such as paprika, basil, or oregano.
- The first step is to put all of the vegetables into the Instant Pot.
- The wire rack should then go into the Instant Pot. Put the chicken on this wire rack.
- Add your seasonings to the chicken while it is on the rack.
- Add water into the Instant Pot in the bottom where the vegetables are.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and seal the valve. Put on "Manual" on high pressure for 6 minutes for each pound. If you have a 5-pound chicken then it would be 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, allow for natural release of the pressure. Your chicken will be done once the pressure valve is in the down position.
- You can get the whole chicken out and cut it that way or you can shred it up inside of the Instant Pot.