Do you know it is super easy to make Italian stuffed peppers using the Instant Pot? Even better is that little prep or clean-up is required.
Instant Pot Italian Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large Red Bell Peppers Stem and seeds need to be removed.
- 1 pound Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated.
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese Grated.
- 1 teaspoon Dry Chopped Onion
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- First, grab a skillet and brown up the Italian sausage. You can then season it with chopped onion, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and the red pepper flakes.
- You want to then add in the can of the diced tomatoes. Stir this all together in with the sausage while still on the skillet.
- After you take the seeds and stem out of the red bell peppers, you can then stuff them with the sausage and tomato mix. Add the parmesean and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Take the Instant Pot, and then add one cup of water in the bottom. Put the trivet into the Instant Pot.
- Place the stuffed peppers on the top of the trivet.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Press "Manual" high pressure and then set the timer for 15 minutes.
- Once the timer is up, allow for a natural release of pressure. Give it 10 minutes, and then quick release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and remove your finished stuffed bell peppers. You can serve with any other sides you want.