Making lemon curd in your Instant Pot is so simple and requires little prep. Here is our easy recipe that makes amazing lemon curd using this Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Lemon Curd Recipe
- 3 half-pint Mason Jars
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 large Egg Yolks
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest grated.
- Get a bowl and mix the sugar and butter together for around two minutes. You should use a food processor if you have one.
- After that is a smooth mixture, add in the eggs and the egg yolks. Stir for about one minute.
- Add in your lemon juice and it will look a little curdled at first.
- Divide this mixture into Masson jars and then place the lids on the jars. Do not make it really tight though.
- Use 1 1/2 cups of water inside of the Instant Pot and place the trivet inside.
- Put the Mason jars on the trivet. Then put the Instant Pot lid on and seal the valve.
- Once sealed, click "Manual" and set high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Allow the natural pressure release to happen, which should take 10 minutes.
- Remove from Instant Pot and open the jars. Add in your lemon zest and then keep mixing until very smooth.
- Put the Mason jar lids back on, allow it to cool down for about 30 minutes. Then refridgerate overnight.