You can dress up your black beans by making ranch black beans using the Instant Pot. Here is a simple way to make these ranch black beans without a ton of hassle.
Instant Pot Ranch Black Bean Recipe
- 1 pound Dry Black Beans
- 3 cloves garlic minced.
- 2 slices Center-Cut Bacon chopped.
- 1/2 medium White Onion chopped and diced.
- 1/2 medium Poblano Pepper dice and seed.
- 3.5 cups Chicken Broth try to use the low-sodium broth.
- 1 tablespoon Green Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Coriander
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- 1 dash Kosher Salt or any other salt you want.
- The first step is to pre-soak the black beans. Add 8 cups of water to your Instant Pot, add in the beans, and two teaspoons of salt.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and then begin cooking for four minutes using "Manual" on the pot. When that is up, use "Keep Warm" for 10 minutes.
- Once those 10 minutes are up, rinse and drain the black beans.
- Using a small bowl, add the cumin, chili powder, paprika, coriander, and salt together. You can add pepper if you want as well.
- Move the Instant Pot to "Saute" mode and then add in the bacon. Cook for about one minute. Add in your poblano and onions and saute this for about three minutes.
- Add in your spices, including garlic, and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the drained beans and the broth. Mix all of this together in the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, seal the valve, and then click "Bean/Chili" mode. From there, cook for 15 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally, add in your Tabasco sauce. Mix this well, and then serve.