It is super easy to make lemon pepper chicken in the Instant Pot. Only a few ingredients are needed for this recipe. The food prep is also very simple.
Instant Pot Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 5 pounds Whole Chicken
- 2 whole Lemon Wedges Cut into pieces.
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- First, use a cutting board to place your whole chicken on. Pat the chicken dry.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon pepper seasoning and the salt.
- You want to have the whole chicken with the breast-side facing up. Lift the skin and then season the breasts with the salt and lemon pepper mixture. Only use about 1/4 of the seasoning mixture on the breasts.
- Coat the rest of the whole chicken with the remaining portion of the mixture.
- Put the fresh lemon wedges inside of the chicken cavity.
- Grab your Instant Pot, add in the water to the bottom. Then, add the steam rack.
- Put the whole chicken on top of the steam rack.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Put on "Manual" high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Allow for a natural release of pressure once the timer is up. You can then remove the chicken and allow it to rest 10 minutes before cutting.