Do you want to make corned beef and cabbage quickly in your Instant Pot? Just follow this recipe for amazing corned beef in no time.
Quick Instant Pot Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe
This is one of the easiest corned beef and cabbage recipes to use with the Instant Pot.
- 4 pounds Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 pound Baby Carrots
- 1 pound Small Potatoes Cut into small wedges.
- 12 ounces Lager Beer
- 1 large Onion Sliced up.
- 1 head Cabbage Cut into wedges.
- 4 cloves Garlic Peel and smash lightly.
- 2.5 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Pickling Spice
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Parsley Fresh and chopped up. Optional garnish.
- First, put the water, garlic, onion, and pickling spices in the Instant Pot. Grab the rack and place in the Instant Pot.
- Put the corned beef in the Instant Pot on top of the rack. You want the fat-side of the corned beef facing up.
- You can now pour the beer over top of the corned beef.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Set the Instant Pot to "Manual" high pressure for 85 minutes.
- Once the timer is up, allow for a natural release of pressure for around 20 minutes.
- You can then quick release remaining pressure. Put the corned beef on a cutting board, and then cover it with foil. This will help ensure it stays warm.
- Take the Instant Pot and strain out the liquids and get rid of any other solids.
- Now, add in 1.5 cups water and then add in the cabbage pieces, carrots, and potatoes.
- Seal the valve on the Instant Pot once again and put the lid back on.
- Cook this on "Manual" high pressure for about 4 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Cut up the corned beef, going against the grain. You can add some of the cooking liquid that is reserved on top for more juicy corned beef.
- If you want the parsley, put that on top of the vegetables.
- You now have a finished corned beef and cabbage meal ready to eat!