Making Mongolian chicken in your Instant Pot is very quick and easy. Little clean-up or preparation is required by following this recipe.
Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken Recipe
This is a very easy recipe for Mongolian chicken you can make using your Instant Pot.
- 4 whole Chicken Breasts cut into pieces.
- 4 cloves garlic minced.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup carrots chopped up.
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Lite Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Green Onions chopped and optional.
- 2 tablespoons corn starch for thick sauce.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Ginger fresh, minced.
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds optional topping.
- You first want to press "Saute" on your Instant Pot. Click "Adjust" and then click "More" to hit Saute More. This means there will be more Saute for this meal.
- Once the Instant Pot says "Hot" you can add the oil and then chicken. Allow for the chicken to saute for three minutes. Stir it a couple of times.
- Once the chicken becomes golden a little, use your water to deglaze the bottom of the Instant Pot. Make sure no bits are stuck to the bottom. If there are bits, scrape them off.
- Add the minced ginger, soy sauce, garlic, carrots, garlic powder, brown sugar, water, and red pepper flakes into the Instant Pot.
- Stir this altogether, and then close the lid on teh Instant Pot. Seal the valve and press "Manual" to cook this at high pressure.
- Cook this for five minutes, and then allow for a natural pressure release once the time is up. That should take about 10 minutes.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid, click "Saute" and put it on "low."
- In another bowl, add the cornstarch and water together. Combine until smooth and then add this to the Instant Pot.
- Make sure to stir this all in the Instant Pot with the rest of the food. Click "Saute" and go to "low" once again.
- Cook on low for a few minutes and stir until your sauce begins to thicken up.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and then serve this over rice and green onions. You can add in the sesame seeds if you wish as an optional ingredient topping.