BBQ pulled pork in the Instant Pot is so easy and requires little preparation. If you want a delightful juicy meal, then this is the recipe for you.
Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Pork Recipe
- 4 pounds Bonless Pork Roast cut up the roast into small pieces.
- 2 cups Barbeque Sauce any brand or flavor you wish.
- 1 cup Water or Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar lightly pack the brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Mustard
- The first step is to grab a large bowl and mix up your dry ingredients. This includes the garlic powder, smoked paprika, brown sugar, black pepper, ground mustard, and salt. Mix until it is combined well.
- Cut up your pork into small pieces. Add your pork into the bowl and then begin rubbing the seasoning on the pork. Make sure the pork is coated evenly. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.
- Take it out of the fridge and then press Saute on your Instant Pot. Add in your oil and give it time to get hot.
- Once the oil is hot, put down a layer of pork into the Instant Pot. You want to do small batches, so do not put in the entire pork.
- Make sure the pork has been browned on all sides, and then take the pork out.
- Place the done pork on a plate, and then add more pork into the Instant Pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot to off once all pork has been cooked. Put the done pork and the chicken stock back into the Instant Pot. Add your BBQ sauce as well, but only add about one cup.
- Give all of this a good mixing inside of the Instant Pot before you turn on the vent to the seal position. Put the Instant Pot on "Manual" and set the timer for 60 minutes.
- Allow the vent to naturally begin releasing once the timer is up. That should take about 10 minutes.
- Open the lid after the 10 minutes, pull the pork out onto a plate, but leave the juice in the Instant Pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot onto Saute and allow the sauce to thicken up, which should take about 10 minutes. You want to make sure it has reduced by about half. During this time, begin shredding your pork with forks.
- Get the fat off of the top of the juice, and then put your shredded pork into the sauce. Stir it all around to ensure the pork is soaking up the juices. You also can add a little more BBQ sauce if you feel you need a bit more for flavor. That is all you have to do to get quick and super juicy pulled pork using the Instant Pot.