Nothing is better on a cold day than bean soup. Here is a very simple white beans and ham soup recipe you can make in your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot White Beans & Ham Recipe
- 1 pound White Great Northern Beans remember pre-soak for an hour first.
- 1 pound Ham cubed up ham.
- 3 cloves garlic mince the garlic.
- 1 medium tomato peel and chop up the tomato.
- 1 medium Onion chopped up.
- 1 medium carrot chopped up.
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- You first need to put your Instant Pot on the Saute setting.
- Add in the onion, tomato, garlic, carrots, and oil.
- Cook this for about 5 minutes, and you need to occasionally stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the beans, into the Instant Pot. Close your lid and seal the valve.
- Cook this on "Manual" for 15 minutes.
- Once the timer is up, allow for the pressure to naturally release. This should take about 10 minutes. You can quick release the pressure after those 10 minutes.
- You can now serve your ham and white bean soup.