Making beef short ribs is so easy in your Instant Pot. Here is our simple recipe for wine-braised short ribs, which is good any time of the year.
Instant Pot Short Ribs Recipe with Wine Braise
- 3.5 pounds Beef Short Ribs
- 4 cloves Fresh Garlic smash or chop garlic.
- 4 medium carrots cut into pieces or large chunks.
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 cups Red Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 dash Sea Salt
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Turn the Instant Pot onto the Saute function.
- Season the beef short ribs on all sides with your pepper and salt.
- Add in the oil to the Instant Pot and put the ribs in a layer in the pot.
- Sear the ribs for about 8 minutes so that they are brown and not sticking to the bottom. Sear the opposite side for the same amount of time.
- Get a plate and remove that batch of short ribs. Add in the next batch of short ribs and repeat the process.
- After all of the short ribs have been seared, add in onions to the Instant Pot. Cook for about three minutes, until the onions are softer.
- Add in your garlic and carrots and begin to stir. Cook this for about one minute.
- Add in the Rosemary, thyme, and wine. Place the short ribs back into the Instant Pot at this point.
- Make sure the ribs absorb some of that juice and then hit "cancel." Put the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Press "Manual" on your Instant Pot and set the timer for 45 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow for a natural release of pressure. This could take 20 minutes. Once that is done, remove your lid and remove the thyme and Rosemary.
- You can now serve your wine-brained short beef ribs with any additional sides you want.