Making shrimp paella is quick and easy using the Instant Pot. Little clean-up or cooking time required.
Instant Pot Shrimp Paella Recipe
- 1 pound Jumbo Shrimp
- 4 cloves Garlic Chopped up.
- 1 whole Red Pepper Chopped up.
- 1 whole Onion Chopped up.
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Optional topping.
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Saffron Threads
- First, put the Instant Pot on the "Saute" function. Put the butter in and then melt it.
- Add in the onions and cook them until they are soft. You can then add in the garlic, and cook for about 1 minute.
- From there, add in the salt, black pepper, tumeric, paprika, saffron threads, and red pepper flakes. You want to cook this for about 1 minute.
- Add in the red peppers, and rice next. Sir this and cook for around 1 minute max. Add in the white wine and chicken broth next.
- You can now add the shrimp in on the top and then turn off the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Put the Instant Pot on "Manual" and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and then remove the shrimp so you can peel it, if you want. Add the cilantro on top.