Making Italian sausage penne in the Instant Pot is super quick and easy. This recipe only needs a handful of ingredients.
Italian Sausage Penne Instant Pot Recipe
- 32 ounces Pasta Sauce
- 1 pound Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 box Penne Pasta
- 1 jar Water
- 1.5 cups Chopped Onions & Peppers A frozen bag of both combined.
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Chopped Basil For taste.
- 4 handfuls Baby Spinach
- Turn your Instant Pot on "Saute" and brown up the Italian Sausage on both sides. Add in the garlic, peppers and onions at the same time. Break it all up while it is cooking.
- Add in the pasta sauce once cooked, and add in the jar of water. Toss in the penne pasta, basil, and Italian seasoning.
- Toss the baby spinach into the Instant Pot and then close the lid. Seal the valve too.
- Cook on "Manual" high pressure for 5 minutes. After the time is up, allow for a natural pressure release for 9 minutes. After that, quick release remaining pressure.
- Open the Instant Pot and stir. You can now add in half of the shredded mozzarella. Stir this around for a bit. You want to then add the rest of the cheese on top.