You can make scallion fish in the Instant Pot using only a few ingredients. This is a healthy Chinese recipe you will love.
Instant Pot Steamed Scallion Fish Recipe
Follow this simple recipe to make Chinese steamed scallion fish right now using the Instant Pot.
- 1 pound White Fish Any you want, make it a firm choice, like Tilapia.
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Julienned Green Onions Can also use scallions.
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Chopped up.
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce For marinating.
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine For marinating.
- 2 tablespoons Julienned Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Black Bean Paste For marinating.
- 1 teaspoon Minced Ginger For marinating.
- 1 teaspoon Garlic For marinating.
- First, grab a plate and put your white fish on it. Grab a bowl and put all of your marinating ingredients in it.
- Spread the marinate and mix ingredients over the fish and let marinate for about 30 minutes.
- You now want to chop up all of the vegetables and then put them aside for now.
- Put 2 cups of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot, and then add in the Steamer basket.
- Put the fish in the Steamer basket, and set the marinade aside again for now.
- Cook your white fish for 2 minutes on "Manual" low pressure.
- Once the time is up, quick release the pressure.
- Now, get a pan and add in oil, allowing the oil to get nice and hot.
- Put in the ginger and then saute this for around 10 seconds. Add in the scallions or green onions. Add in the cilantro as well.
- Stir-fry this for a bit and cook, which should take around 2 minutes.
- After that, add in the marinade you set aside and boil this until cooked.
- Put your fish on a plate and then add this marinade sauce on top of the fish. You can serve once this step is completed.