These Instant Pot Egg Bites are to die for! They are soft, smooth, and can be made with so many different ingredients. If you love delicious, quick, and simple, then you’ll enjoy this recipe!
Choosing the Right Mold
We use this egg bite mold that fits the 6qt to 8qt Instant Pot pressure cooker. It has 7 cavities, and each can easily fit about 1/4 cup of liquid.
MEAT & VEGGIE VARIATIONS
Egg bites are beautiful because of all the mixing and matching you can experiment with to suit your taste. You will keep your test buds guessing and extremely satisfied! In this recipe we use bacon and spinach. Here are some other ideas to work with:
- Sausage or Turkey Sausage
- Bell pepper
- Tomatoes or Sun-Dried Tomatoes
*For best results, you may need to pre-cook some of the veggies and/or meat.
- For optimal shape and hold of the finished egg bite, layer only the bottom 1/4 of the cavity with ingredients. Too many ingredients can compromise a firm hold for the finished product.
- To evenly distribute ingredients, pour in the egg mixture and add ingredients in second. Don’t forget to leave room for ingredients so it doesn’t overflow.
- For ultra easy release, lightly coat each cavity with an oil based cooking ingredient such as olive oil or cooking spray. If you have trouble releasing the egg bites from the mold, run a butter knife along the edges of each compartment to release them.
- If you have leftovers, cover and refrigerate. They reheat well in the microwave. If you use the same egg bites mold as we do, it comes with a handy lid for storage.
Super Simple Egg Bites
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3 oz Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 oz Heavy Cream
- 1/2 oz Fresh Spinach finely chopped (about 1/4 cup packed)
- 3 strips bacon chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Cook the bacon to your ideal crispness. Using a silicone egg bites mold, evenly divide the spinach and bacon among the 7 mold compartments.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, parmesan cheese, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well-beaten and smooth. You can also use a blender to mix but don't over blend, it will ruin the consistency.
- Pour the mixture into the mold, about 3-4 tablespoons per compartment, filling up about 80% to the top. Cover tightly with foil.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to the pressure cooker pot. Place the trivet inside. Carefully lower the mold onto the trivet.
- Secure and seal the lid. Steam for 10 minutes at high pressure, followed by 10 minutes of natural release. Manually release any remaining pressure.
- Uncover and remove the egg bites mold from the pressure cooker. Be careful! It can be a game of operation to get it out. Discard the foil. Invert onto a plate to release the egg bites.
One thought on “Super Simple Egg Bites”
These look great! I am wondering if you can use two molds at the same time in the instant pot?