You can make great tomato basil soup in the Instant Pot without much prep or clean-up. Just follow this recipe to make great tomato soup today.
Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- 84 ounces Tomatoes in Puree San Marzano brand.
- 8 ounces carrots you want to chop and peel them.
- 8 ounces Yellow Onions chopped.
- 1.5 cups Whipping Cream Half and Half would work too.
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup olive oil Extra Virgin
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil cut into small pieces.
- 1 tablespoon Dried Basil
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- The first step is to cut up your onions and carrots.
- Click "Saute" on your Instant Pot, and then allow this to fully heat first.
- Add in your onions, dried basil, carrots, and oil. Saute this for about four minutes. You want the vegetables to caramelize.
- You want to then put in the chicken broth and the canned tomatoes. You can also add your optional ingredients too at this time.
- Close the lid and then seal the valve.
- Set on high pressure for about five minutes. Allow for a natural release once the time is up.
- You can now turn off the Instant Pot. Using an immersion blender, blend until the soup is smooth.
- Add in your cream after this, and then add in salt and pepper.
- You can now finish with the fresh basil on top as a topping garnish.