Making whole beets in the Instant Pot is super easy and quick. Litle prep time or clean-up is required for this simple dish.
Instant Pot Whole Beets Recipe
- 2 bunches Fresh Beets
- 12 ounces water
- First, wash and scrub your beets. Remove the leaves and stem, but do not peel your beets.
- Grab the steamer basket and put that into your Instant Pot. Put the beets into the steamer basket.
- Add the water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Cook "Manual" high pressure for 7 minutes. If you have small beets, it is 5 minute cook time, and large are 10 minutes. Since we are using medium for this recipe, it is 7 minutes.
- After the timer is up, allow for a 10 minute natural release of pressure. Once that time is up, you can quick release remaining pressure.
- Take the steamer basket out of the instant Pot and run the beets under cold water. Simply rub the skin off the beets with your fingers.
- Cut the beets up into quarters or halves, and then serve.