Loaded baked potato soup is amazing using the Instant Pot. Few ingredients and a short cooking time make for an easy meal.
Loaded Baked Potato Instant Pot Recipe
- 1.5 pounds potatoes your choice on red or yellow.
- 3 whole Green Onions dice the green onion.
- 1 package Bacon Bits
- 4 cups Milk any kind of milk.
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Better than Bouillon
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Russet potatoes will require you to peel them. You just need to clean the yellow or red potatoes if you use them.
- Once that is done, pour water into the Instant Pot and put the trivet inside.
- Put all of your potatoes over the top of the trivet.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the lid and make sure the valve is sealed.
- Turn the Instant Pot on "Manual" and set the timer for 10 minutes. Make sure this is on high pressure.
- Allow for a natural pressure release once the timer is up. After that, remove your lid.
- Set the potatoes aside in another bowl. Dump the water from the Instant Pot.
- Put the Instant Pot on the Saute setting, but move it to the less option. Add in the butter and melt butter.
- Add in a tablespoon of flour at a time mixing it with the butter. You want a creamy finish, and then add the salt and pepper.
- It should begin to bubble, and then is when you add in the milk and Better than Boullion. Whisk this all together and then put the Saute setting back to high. Whisk this until your milk begins to thicken up and bubble.
- Turn the Instant Pot back to the warm setting and then add in ingredients. Add the green onions, bacon, cheese, and sour cream.
- Stir all of that in until it is mixed in and then use a masher to mash up your potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are mashed up a bit, add them into your Instant Pot. Add a little more salt and pepper.
- That is all you need to do to make loaded baked potato soup. Serve when you desire.