Pumpkin puree is super quick to make if you use the Instant Pot. Only two ingredients are needed for a simple pumpkin puree.
Quick Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree
- 4 pound Pumpkin
- 1 cup Water
- First, get the stem out of the pumpkin.
- Put the steamer basket into the Instant Pot.
- Add in the cup of water and put the pumpkin on top of the steamer basket.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Cook on "Manual" high pressure for 13 minutes.
- Once that is done, allow for a natural release of pressure.
- Remove the pumpkin, and then grab a cutting board to put the pumpkin on.
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes and then slice it in half. Remove all of the seeds, all inner goop, and also peel the skin off.
- Use an immersion blender or food processor to blend up the pumpkin. You can add a little more water if needed, about a tablespoon.
- Store in jars until you are ready to use.