If you want delicious mac and cheese that is creamy and cheesy, this is the best Instant Pot recipe to follow.
Super Creamy Mac & Cheese Instant Pot Recipe
- 1 package Dry Elbow Macaroni
- 12 ounces Evaporated Milk
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- 3 cups Water
- 3 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper
- Put the Instant Pot onto the "Saute" setting and then add in your butter. Once the butter is melted, add in your onions. Cook the onions for around 3 minutes.
- You can now add in your garlic, and cook this for about 1 minute. You want to stir this regularly so it does not burn.
- Put the water into the Instant Pot and then add in your dry elbow macaroni and the salt and pepper.
- Stir this all together and then put the lid on your Instant Pot. Seal the valve and then cook on "Manual" high pressure for 4 minutes.
- After the timer is up, quick release the pressure. Stir the elbow macaroni again, and then move the Instant Pot setting back to "Saute."
- Pour the evaporated milk into the Instant Pot and then add 1.5 cups of the shredded cheese. Cook an additional 5 minutes, until creamy. Keep stirring through this so that the noodles do not stick to the bottom.
- Press "Cancel" and then add in the remaining part of the cheese.
- Stir again well and then serve!