These Instant Pot Egg Bites are to die for! They are soft, smooth, and can be made with so many different ingredients. If you love delicious, quick, and simple, then you’ll enjoy this recipe!
Choosing the Right Mold
We use this egg bite mold that fits the 6qt to 8qt Instant Pot pressure cooker. It has 7 cavities, and each can easily fit about 1/4 cup of liquid.
MEAT & VEGGIE VARIATIONS
Egg bites are beautiful because of all the mixing and matching you can experiment with to suit your taste. You will keep your test buds guessing and extremely satisfied! In this recipe we use bacon and spinach. Here are some other ideas to work with:
- Sausage or Turkey Sausage
- Bell pepper
- Tomatoes or Sun-Dried Tomatoes
*For best results, you may need to pre-cook some of the veggies and/or meat.
- For optimal shape and hold of the finished egg bite, layer only the bottom 1/4 of the cavity with ingredients. Too many ingredients can compromise a firm hold for the finished product.
- To evenly distribute ingredients, pour in the egg mixture and add ingredients in second. Don’t forget to leave room for ingredients so it doesn’t overflow.
- For ultra easy release, lightly coat each cavity with an oil based cooking ingredient such as olive oil or cooking spray. If you have trouble releasing the egg bites from the mold, run a butter knife along the edges of each compartment to release them.
- If you have leftovers, cover and refrigerate. They reheat well in the microwave. If you use the same egg bites mold as we do, it comes with a handy lid for storage.