If you want to try some amazing stuffed bel peppers, try this recipe out using your Instant Pot. Little clean-up or cooking time is required.
Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe for Instant Pot
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 5 whole Bell Peppers
- 15 ounces tomato sauce Divide into 1/4 cup sections.
- 1 small White Onion Diced.
- 1 small tomato Diced.
- 1 bag Brown Rice Use boil-in-a-bag and can use brown or white.
- 1 whole Egg Beaten.
- 1 cup shredded cheese Cheddar or Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1.5 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash Dried Parsley Optional garnish.
- First, you will need to cut off the tops from the peppers and remove all of the seeds.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, salt, rice, pepper, Italian seasoning, onion, tomato, garlic powder, 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce, and shredded cheese. Also, cut the tops from the peppers in pieces and throw that in there too.
- Mix all of that together and then stuff the mixture into the peppers.
- In the Instant Pot, pour in the 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup tomato sauce. Put the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Set the stuffed bell peppers on the trivet, lock the lid of the Instant Pot. You need to seal the valve.
- Cook on "Manual" high pressure for 20 or 25 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Once the pressure is out, open the lid and pour in the rest of the tomato sauce.
- Add the mozzarella cheese on the top and then close the Instant Pot lid. This will allow some of the cheese to melt. The lid does not need to be on very long.
- You can now serve your bell peppers that are stuffed and topped with melted cheese.
- The parsley is an optional topping.