Here is a very simple recipe to make whole wheat bread using your Instant Pot. A few ingredients are all you need to make the best bread imaginable.
Wheat Bread Instant Pot Recipe
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5 cups Lukewarm Water
- 1 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt Do not use regular table salt, use only kosher.
- 1/2 teaspoon Yeast
- First thing you want to do is whisk your yeast, salt, and flours together in a bowl.
- Stir in your water so that the dough is rough looking. You do not want to over-stir the dough.
- Turn your Instant Pot on so that the Trivet set is facing down. Set the Instant Pot to the "Yogurt" setting. This will put the timer on to about 3.5 hours.
- Place plastic wrap over the bowl and then put the bowl on the top of the Trivet.
- Turn your oven on to 450-degrees and get an oven-proof pot ready to go. Once the timer is up, get the dough out of the bowl and put it on a surface that you have covered with flour.
- You might need to use a spatula to get all of the dough out of the bowl, and then form a ball with the dough. Cover the dough with plastic wrap as you are still preheating your oven.
- Once the oven gets to 450-degrees, take the pot out of the oven and put some parchment paper down inside of the pot.
- Put the dough on top of this parchment paper and then cover the dough up.
- You want to bake this in your oven for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the cover and let the bread bake in the oven for about 10 more minutes to get a golden brown top.